Bethel Lutheran Church
Bethel Lutheran Church was organized on October 12, 1856.
Bethel is a member of the North American Lutheran Church (NALC).
We believe in the Triune God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior and the Gospel is the power of God for the salvation of all who believe.
Our Statement of Purpose:
1. The hearers of the Gospel are a people, called and sent by God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, to be a community of faith, hope and love, who witness to Christ and His coming Kingdom before all the world.
2. To participate in God's mission, this congregation as a part of the Church shall:
- Give honor and glory to God, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, worshipping Him in proclamation of the Word and administration of the sacraments and through lives of prayer, praise, thanksgiving, witness, obedience and service.
- Carry out Christ's Great Commission by proclaiming to all the world the Gospel of justification by grace through faith alone, according to the apostolic witness in Holy Scripture and in accordance with the Lutheran Confessions,
- Preserve and transmit the Gospel faithfully to future generations.
- Foster Christian fellowship and love, and extend a helping hand to humans in need.
- Manifest the unity of our faith in Jesus Christ as God and Savior, and join with other Christians in prayer and action.
- Nurture its members in the Word of God so as to grow in faith and hope and love, and to develop a sense of Christian vocation in daily life.